<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Writing for work 

As I mentioned, I have a big deadline coming up at work this Thursday. We are submitting drawings for a project to the building department for a building permit. This means that we have to prove that the project, as designed, complies with all of the applicable building codes. I've spent most of the past day writing up a code compliance list, and checking the drawings as I go. This is the sort of writing that I've been doing regularly for most of my professional life. Exciting it's not, but it's satisfying, especially as I check off major code items over which I've slaved. Sometimes, however, this process leads to a sudden, gut-wrenching realization that something in the project just doesn't work. Fortunately, there haven't been any of those yet. (Where's some wood around here?)

If you want to see what I write when I'm not going on about the McKittens, or other things perhaps of some general interest that I might post here, you can click below. Otherwise, move along. There will be something more to see around the end of the week.

- OK, I'll read anything once ->