<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 14, 2005

Feline Friday 14: Sandpaper pink 




(Click on close-ups above for full bathtime photos.)

Sometimes, when I have been petting Lyra for a while, she kisses me. I confess that I encourage this behavior - which I can only imagine she perceives as reciprocal grooming - by leaning toward her and making little kissing sounds. The place that she most often deems in need of bathing is just above the bow of my lips. I can tell just how happy she is (note that anthropomorphizing) by the number of kisses she gives me. Usually it's 3 or 4 light tuna-scented rasps above my lip. The record was around a dozen, delivered along with loud purring. The first few were pleasant, but by the end, that sandpaper pink tongue was costing me some skin.

Sunday Update: This week's Carnival of the Cats is now up at IBEJO. If you will be offended by anti-cat humor, don't bother. If, on the other hand, you can laugh at an avowed cat-hater's (hopefully) tongue-in-cheek commentary (except for the part about MY blog; that's NOT FUNNY), then go visit James.

Steve, who is never offensive, has the Friday Ark up at The Modulator.

I'll be hosting Carnival of the Cats next Sunday! Send your links here.