<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 03, 2005

How I spent my Friday 

When my flight home this morning from Oakland to Seattle was delayed, and eventually cancelled, one of my coworkers suggested that I document my day at the airport. If you've spent any time in the Oakland airport, you'll know that paying attention to its details is not what one wants to do. I bought a mystery instead. However, I love taking photos from airplanes, so here are a few of my shots from the flights that I eventually got on.

Flying out of Oakland, five hours later than originally scheduled, past the Golden Gate. Destination: not Seattle, but Portland.


From Portland, a turbo-prop flight to Seattle. Sun overhead plus clouds below equals cool shadow of airplane in a rainbow halo.


Mount St. Helens and Mount Adams poking up through the clouds, with back end of striped propeller assembly.