<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Christmas came early 

Last night, Paul mentioned that he wanted to give me one Christmas present early, so that he wouldn't have to schlep it to Houston (and I wouldn't have to schlep it home). He brought out a nicely wrapped package, and set it on the coffee table.

"I hope you'll like it. I know you've wanted one for a long time."

I was puzzled, as nothing on my wish list was this size or weight. I opened the package. My laughter startled the cats, who were hovering, hoping to get hold of ribbon and paper. I laughed so hard that I couldn't speak. I set the gift and wrapping paper on the floor, and stopped laughing long enough to kiss Paul. By the time I got the camera, Sasha had come to investigate.

Astute readers may remember that, in a recent post, I stated, "I want a ___." My sweet husband was paying attention.

What is it? Move over, Sasha!